
Everyone is doing these "how I cook" "what's for dinner" "recipe ideas" etc . . . on their blogs. Except for me. But I have thought at times, "I totally should." So my awesome friend
Jill just posted to her blog HOW she plans meals . . . So I thought I'd dove-tail by putting a picture of what my meal planning looks like. YUM! Sadly, we never cook it all. By Wednesday or THursday we're overrun with leftovers b/c J can't just take it ALL to work in one week! However, it means that, for example, I thought I'd have to go grocery shopping this week and in reality, I only have to go to the 100 Yen market (which is not shopping, it's a cultural experience in buying fresh produce). And I ALWAYS have a frozen pizza in the freezer--although our new "go-to" food has become Gyoza--Chinese dumplings that they make here. In Korea they were Yaki-Man-Du . . . we LOVE those guys! OH, another confession, I never make anything in order. TONIGHT is beef stew, last night was Hoopla Lasagna, and Monday was Enclilada Casserole . . .
So my ONE question is: I have to make an entre for a work get together for J on Friday. Families will be there. I'm thinking Spaghetti Squares. I'm thinking, I have no way to keep a 9x13 hot. I'm thinking, I like crock pots. Then I start thinking Taco Soup. Any thoughts?
4 comments:
I usually don't end up making one meal that I have planned out. So it just goes on the list for next week.
I don't know if you have one of these, but we got a wedding gift that was a 9x13 pan with an insulated carrying case. And it had an ice pack with it so you could keep things cold. BUT the best part is that you can let the ice pack melt, and then heat it in the microwave. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know how long it will stay hot.
And yest the crock pot is a wonderful thing. Check out http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ for a million ideas.
I was going to tell you to check out the same crockpot site already mentioned!
I typically just make a list of 5-6 dinners for the week and don't assign them to specific days. Gives me flexibility to change my mind while still having a plan. And leaves a night or two free for leftovers or evenings out that come up.
ohmygosh that place is awesome! many thanks girls!!
and no jill, i don't have that fancy 9x13 pan . . . it's now on my christmas list . . . yes, you know you're grown up and boring when you put that kinda stuff on your list :( sad.
i don't have any ideas for food (and the event is already over, so it wouldn't have mattered even if i did have an idea) but just wanted to say i really like what's below your weekly menu board ;) (amy)
Post a Comment