About this time last year, my friend Jill was, oh, a month and 3 days from getting married in Little Rock. I visited once in Oct and then in Nov for the wedding. In October I traveled north to see Amy, Nathan, and Alivia. In November, I saw EVERYONE in LR, including my aunt in Pine Bluff, and my fabulous OBU roommate, and her family: Clay, Gracie and Sabrina.
Bruce and I made delicious pumpkin scones one day that I was staying with her . . . and I made them for J and I this morning. AMAZING. With hazelnut coffee. On our porch. FABULOUS Monday off.
So here's the recipe . . . I didn't use ginger--I don't know what chopped crystallized ginger IS!
Pumpkin Scones
1/2 C sugar (reserve 1T)
2 C flour
2 t baking powder
1 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
5 T butter
1 egg
1/2 c solid pack pumpkin
1/4 c sour cream
2 T finely chopped crystallized ginger
Combine remaining sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Cut in 4 T butter. Beat egg, pumpkin, sour cream, and ginger. Add to flour to form soft dough.
Put on floured surface, knead 10x. Roll into 9x6 rectangle. Cut into 6 3 inch squares. Cut squares in 1/2 to make 12 triangles.
Place on ungreased baking sheet. Melt remaining butter and brush on, sprinkle with sugar. (I must have left something out when I copied this . . . I didn't know WHEN to do the butter--so I did it in the middle of baking :))
Bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I do the same thing with recipes, Laura! Only, if it has more than 10 ingredients, or something I don't want to touch (ham hocks), or a direction I don't understand, I skip right over it! Perhaps I should take a cooking class...
Glad you're loving things in Japan!
I keep thinking about life a year ago. . . Good times! So much has happend in a year.
love ya!
Post a Comment