Friday, August 1, 2008

No new reports

Well, I'm still here :) Been a week--officially. I haven't really taken any pictures, other than dorm sweet dorm, and haven't done too many exciting things!! I've had some GREAT laughs at the AFN commercials (Armed Forces Network). They seriously crack me up! There aren't commercials over here for like, Ranch Dressing or car insurance. It's all monitored by the military--and the commercials are for things like . . . the bowling alley, or who to talk to to prepare for your next move, or what classes are offered at the gym, or why you should stop smoking. AND they are all funny. Some pretend to be South Park characters :) My favorite is of a girl with REALLY skinny legs dresses up as a tobacco can trying to convince a guy that "you still need me" (obviously the point is that "you don't need smokeless tobacco to be cool.") Oh, and I LOVE the one that sounds like something dramatic and horrible is happening . . .there's a guy running, surely from some disaster, and really, he's just running inside so he doesn't have to stand at attention when the National Anthem plays. Which of course is wrong.
SO, that's some of my entertainment!
I also go on walks . . . to the post office, to the little store, to the gas station :) You may ask, why the gas station? WELL that's because this week our car battery died. You know it's dead when you jump it three (two?) times and it still dies. That was after I ran out of gas :) Are you laughing yet? Please do because I don't find it funny yet and I'd love for someone else to!
Yesterday was our anniversary! Totally an old married couple! I was limited on my cooking . . . I usually make manacotti :) However, there were no manacotti shells to be had . . . so lasagna it was. Although, my darling husband didn't get home until . . . 11:30PM. Yes, you did read that right. It was alllll ok however, BECAUSE, the anniversary present that I LEFT AT HOME last week made it JUST in time :) THANKS Mom and Melis!
I've finished two books this week: Cross by James Patterson (there's a whole series of those Alex Cross books, I love them, but I haven't read ANY of them in order) and The Weight of Water by Anita Shreve.
I supposed I'll share some pictures of our abode. I really don't like posting pictures, mostly because I can't figure out how to do it right! Obviously, my last ones were backwards! There's got to be an easier way!!! Well, here you go :)


And that my friends . . . is that :) I'd say I'm the luckiest girl in the world . . .

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love the AFN commercials, too! My favorite one is neon people dancing around with their iPods, only to be told that they can't wear them outside on base. Nice.