I left Thursday, the 2 bags and a carry on. My plane was HUGE--a double decker--although I was on the lower level. It was amazing--the flight attendants were allll beautiful and identical! I'd say the whole sleeping thing went well . . . I also caught bits of pieces of movies on my personal monitor :) Much fun! I arrived at Incheon Inernational about 4:30 Friday afternoon. It was just under 14 hours I think. The USO had great news--I was able to get a direct bus to my hotel! We hadn't been to sure that was going to happen. By the way, the Dragon Hill Lodge is amazing! It's part of a group of resorts the military has all over the world. Wow! My first dinner in Seoul consisted of popcorn and Tropicana Twister :) I promptly went to sleep, just to wake up at 1:30am, watched Friday Night Lights (thank you B and T for the portable DVD player as I couldn't get the one in my room to work!) and was up again at 6:30am! Crazy! J came up by train and got in about 12:15pm . . . and we ate PIZZA for lunch :) Oh, I also went to the ATM . . . see how rich I was :) hehe Later Saturday night we met up with one of my roommate from Focus on the Family! It was awesome!!!! We got to meet each other's husbands, eat good food, AND get Baskin Robins! J and I were up again at 6:30 this morning . . . since we were up, decided to go ahead and get the train home! It was awesome . . . We went FAST as you can see! And I bought chocolate chip cookies on the train, too! And now I'm here . . . dorm sweet dorm!!! More later . . .
Sunday, July 27, 2008
The journey to ROK
Well . . . I made it! And J made it to Seoul to get me . . .and I managed to take some pictures in the process. I really am not sure how to do this whole blog thing the way lots of you do--cutesy and well organized . . . so I'll just tell you, and then put up pictures, and then probably take a nap :)
I left Thursday, the 2 bags and a carry on. My plane was HUGE--a double decker--although I was on the lower level. It was amazing--the flight attendants were allll beautiful and identical! I'd say the whole sleeping thing went well . . . I also caught bits of pieces of movies on my personal monitor :) Much fun! I arrived at Incheon Inernational about 4:30 Friday afternoon. It was just under 14 hours I think. The USO had great news--I was able to get a direct bus to my hotel! We hadn't been to sure that was going to happen. By the way, the Dragon Hill Lodge is amazing! It's part of a group of resorts the military has all over the world. Wow! My first dinner in Seoul consisted of popcorn and Tropicana Twister :) I promptly went to sleep, just to wake up at 1:30am, watched Friday Night Lights (thank you B and T for the portable DVD player as I couldn't get the one in my room to work!) and was up again at 6:30am! Crazy! J came up by train and got in about 12:15pm . . . and we ate PIZZA for lunch :) Oh, I also went to the ATM . . . see how rich I was :) hehe Later Saturday night we met up with one of my roommate from Focus on the Family! It was awesome!!!! We got to meet each other's husbands, eat good food, AND get Baskin Robins! J and I were up again at 6:30 this morning . . . since we were up, decided to go ahead and get the train home! It was awesome . . . We went FAST as you can see! And I bought chocolate chip cookies on the train, too! And now I'm here . . . dorm sweet dorm!!! More later . . .









I left Thursday, the 2 bags and a carry on. My plane was HUGE--a double decker--although I was on the lower level. It was amazing--the flight attendants were allll beautiful and identical! I'd say the whole sleeping thing went well . . . I also caught bits of pieces of movies on my personal monitor :) Much fun! I arrived at Incheon Inernational about 4:30 Friday afternoon. It was just under 14 hours I think. The USO had great news--I was able to get a direct bus to my hotel! We hadn't been to sure that was going to happen. By the way, the Dragon Hill Lodge is amazing! It's part of a group of resorts the military has all over the world. Wow! My first dinner in Seoul consisted of popcorn and Tropicana Twister :) I promptly went to sleep, just to wake up at 1:30am, watched Friday Night Lights (thank you B and T for the portable DVD player as I couldn't get the one in my room to work!) and was up again at 6:30am! Crazy! J came up by train and got in about 12:15pm . . . and we ate PIZZA for lunch :) Oh, I also went to the ATM . . . see how rich I was :) hehe Later Saturday night we met up with one of my roommate from Focus on the Family! It was awesome!!!! We got to meet each other's husbands, eat good food, AND get Baskin Robins! J and I were up again at 6:30 this morning . . . since we were up, decided to go ahead and get the train home! It was awesome . . . We went FAST as you can see! And I bought chocolate chip cookies on the train, too! And now I'm here . . . dorm sweet dorm!!! More later . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Thanks for the update and the pictures. Keep them coming. Praying that you have a wonderful time!!
Post a Comment