Sunday, August 10, 2008

Byeonsan








Here are a few pictures from our adventures yesterday! We went to Byeonsan National Park. It's an area situated on a peninsula--just beautiful! Part of what you see is the sea wall being built in an attempt to gain land from the Yellow Sea. You can also see where land has already been reclaimed! The sea wall is going to connect two peninsulas . . . we were on the lower one. After we explored the sea wall we hiked to Jikso Falls (Jikso Popo) . . . so beautiful! It was a super hot day . . . but so fun! We were so proud for navigating on our own--armed with a map, a GPS (that didn't have any Korean info), and the compass on the car! We thought we'd make it back by dark, but instead were able to see the beautiful sunset! Wow! I suppose we had a few highlights from the day . . .
We experienced corn dogs from a street vendor . . .and teensy tinsy Coca-Cola cans!!! 2 Corn Dogs, 2 cokes . . . for 4,000won. ($4)
I spoke Spanish--to a Korean :) We were hiking and a man came to us to ask if Jikso Popo was where we had come from . . . we were able to indicate that yes, he was heading the right direction. However, J said "Ne" which is "yes" . . . I said "si" which is "yes" as well . . . just not in the right language!!!
Got bought peaches from a street vendor as well . . . and as a bonus got the BEST grapes I've ever tasted (when I smell them, it's like smelling Bubble Yum Grape gum . . . wow!)
We had a great day!!!

No comments: