Saturday, March 6, 2010

Shipwreck Beach

SO, I'm missing my Hirosaki post, I'm aware . . .
But I had such a great time today at Shipwreck Beach, I have to post that, and hope for some time tomorrow afternoon to do Hirosaki and the Lantern Festival.
Misawa is very close to the Pacific ocean (VERY) and the way the top of Honshu is formed, there is a bay called Mutsu Bay kinda North west of here . . . and on that bay is Shipwreck Beach . . . and allllll the girls say it's the best place to find sea glass and take amazing pictures. Today I went with 2 friends and found lots of glass . . . and another spectacular treasure.

About an hour from Misawa--my first view of the beach.
from the beach, the other side of the bay (I think this is Towada, but I mean, I just don't know.)
the side of the boat of course


last picture before I found my treasure . . .
my treasure . . . a glass float, with kanji on it!!! I think these are like, hundreds of years old (but maybe not) and sell for zillions of dollars and people paint them and buy them . . . and I just FOUND ONE :) it was gross.
I tried to wash it off. But instead I put it in a safe place (we were on the only ones on the beach) and waited to carry it . . . it was heavy . .


My shoes and sea glass . . . and a shoe on the beach.
Me, climbing in the ship.

Can you see where the Kanji used to be on the side?
AMAZING TOFU DONUTS. AMAZING. You know they are good when people in America told you a YEAR ago you had to go . . . glad I just now made it.
Shipwreck was awesome . . . I now need to clean out my trash cans so I can soak my float in bleach water . . . ewww, can't tell you how excited I am about that! Ha!!! So I forgot to take a picture of all of my new glass. . . I"ll try to remember with Hirosaki . ..

1 comment:

Pete 'n Stephy said...

awesome!!!!!!!!!!! im totally going to take my mom there!!! let me know if you want to go there again and you can come with us in april. nice photos too!!