
About 35 minutes from Sapporo (via train) is a small town called Otaru. We spent Tuesday in Otaru eating and sightseeing . . . This is the view from the station lookin down to the waterfront . . .

My uncle owns several KFCs in America . . . I LOVE to take pictures with the KFCs in other random countries! :)

Seafood on the street . . . J was getting grilled scallops


The canal from the Otaru Brewery.

We had a snack . . . a couple of beers (I found a raspberry beer!) and potatoes

The canal in Otaru . . . we were waiting for night because the canal would be lit up . . .

CRAB and more CRAB!!! We ended up eating an early dinner of crab legs, crab soup, salmon, and scallops . . . and then headed back to the canal to see the lights . . .

And my camera battery was dying . . . and my spares were in my other bag at the hotel . . . and I just wanted to get these last two pictures when it got darker . . . so I didn't take any really walking along the canal. Just video.


AWWW :)

And Wednesday morning before we left, we stopped to get Starbucks . . . over the 5 days, somehow, I had 2--and J had 3! How did that happen? It was a nice treat after 6 months . . . But quite honestly, I think I'm happier with my mom and mother-in-law shipping me Bigelow Vanilla Chai from the states . . . :)
1 comment:
whats this vanilla chai stuff? so good you need it shipped?? i think i need to come over and try it sometime!!! that canal was really pretty, glad you saved your batteries =)
Post a Comment