So I wake up Tuesday morning and out of the middle of NOWHERE it's FREEZING. I mean, we'd been wearing spring colors and no jackets and I'd put my snow boots AWAY.
Tuesday afternoon I RACE home from the gym, and am trying to QUICK shower before a coffee that night and my neighbor says "I'd BET MY WINGS that it's going to snow tonight." My neighbor is a pilot. You don't mess with things like wings.
Tuesday night at the coffee . . . about 8pm, ITS SNOWING. My (well, I was driving J's) car was covered in a light dusting . . .
Wednesday morning I wake up . . .



In this picture you can see a LITTLE bit where I'd shoveled my side of the garage already--I was supposed to take dinner to a family with a 4 day old Wednesday night!!!

I was quite concerned about my treasure . . . it was sitting in bleach water trying to get clean, so IN MY BATH ROBE I ran outside FIRST THING and took it OUT of the water (I thought it would freeze and press the glass and break) . . . then with all the wind, it got dusted in snow, too.


Same neighbor that obviously, DIDN'T lose his wings, came over with his wife to help me assemble our new dining room table . . . the base had closed so everyone had been sent home! So I had a cozy day, ate chili with friends, and these are pictures at night after LOADS of snow had fallen off of the roof.
Our plow came the next morning at 8:30 . . .
And it's all melting now (Friday.)
1 comment:
I think you forgot a picture... where's the diningroom table and chairs :-)
Post a Comment