Sunday, July 19, 2009

Entitled

I think that today, of all days, I'd be entitled to freak out a tad if things didn't go JUST the way I wanted them to. Yes, it's not the mature, grown up, 28-year old way to react, but I mean, I have just done 1 year, 11 weeks, and 3 days sans my hubby--at least in the "we live in the same continent, country, state, city, house" kind of way.
Anywho. That's exactly what I did. The day started by me waking up ON MY OWN from a totally nutty dream 2 minutes before my alarm went off--at 3:15am. Something about my getting ready process took a million more years than normal (oh, I supposed b/c today is not a normal day) and I was later than I had hoped to be getting out the door--with a bag that I was pretty sure was sitting at 52lbs. But God was good and Mom and I saw all of 4 cars on the road this morning (hello--4:30am on a Sunday?) and my bag was 50 lbs ON THE DOT and I had a great little flight to Cincinnati and when I got there, I totally induldged myself and bought "The Time Traveler's Wife" which I'm now on page 142. The flight to Phoenix was decent, I didn't get my typically requested asile seat, but the multiple babies on board didn't make a peep, which was quite considerate of them. My brand new birthday sound canceling headphones work WONDERS I tell you, and I swear I saw the Grand Canyon off in the distance as we flew into Arizona. And then I got off the flight. Chatted with the gate agent that yes, my checked back would be waiting for me at the Delta office in 3 1/2 hours. But wait. Where was J's gate. Why were there only like, 20 gates. Where were ANY United flights? OH, wait . . . I had to LEAVE security. That was my only option. There were no busses and trains and trolley's like so many other airports have to take you from terminal to terminal. I was on the verge of freaking out. I left security. I panicked. I had made J a Red/White/Blue sign for goodness sake. (Welcome Home, Buddy!!!) I was in Terminal 3. Terminal 2 was nowhere to be found. Let alone someone who would let me just go SIT and wait to kiss my husband the minute he got off his plane. And then J called--his flight was going to be an hour late. So I decided the world was going to end, I had my 3 minute cry, and then I promptly found the walkway to Terminal 2 (outside--but it's a dry heat here :)), walked up to the oh-so-sweet United lady, flashed my ID, got a pass, flew through security, enjoyed a baked potato and salad at Wendy's, and am currently enjoying free internet.
Now you know I don't noramlly ever write "this is what i did today moment by moment" but come on people, I'm waiting for J. I have to come up with something to take up time. HENCE the blog with my minute by minute of my first 11 1/2 hours today :)
And one other thought--you know some airports give free internet and some make you pay and some you have to have a Wi-Fi service . . . this one, you have to give one person that works for the airport/airlines/TSA a compliment (they have a space for you to type it in) and then they grant you access. I just have to say I think that's cool. Way to go Sky Harbor.
By the way--Time Traveler's Wife--Audrey Niffenegger--it's great so far. I mean, the movie is coming out. I have to have to have to read it. And due to the moving issues, my precious library card isn't quite so useful right now.

3 comments:

Michael and Eryn said...

Well, if you're still at the airport waiting, remember, time is passing, no matter how slowly. So, think about this, you less than an hour away from ending this extremely long year and 3 months. Way to go!!!!

Kostrubala said...

Yea! I'm so glad you are about to/are see/seeing Jesse right now!! I had to write, though, because The Time Traveler's Wife is AMAZING!!! I read it about 3 years ago and then Kaz knew how much I loved it so he read it in Afghanistan! We must chat - via skype or facebook about the book once you finish the book!! I can't wait to hear your thoughts!
- Kellie :)

Judy said...

I think I saw all of 6 cars on the way home once I left the airport... a quiet Sunday morning. Since I haven't heard back from the library yet, you need to bring that book home with you - pretty please with cherries on top :-)
Have fun tomorrow with your #4 packing adventure! 143