
So Dad's about to retire--after 30--THIRTY--years of serving our country faithfully . . . next Monday is the big day. It's going to be a HUGE change--but it's SO exciting.
My friend, Jennifer, drew this print to commemorate my dad's time in the Air Force. We're using it as the "guest book" (signing the matting around it) and on the program and I think the cake, too.
We have family coming in from Kentucky and military friends from--wherever they happen to live right now--and a college buddy and several pastor's families from various states . . . we can't wait!!!
YES, it would be about 1,000% better if J was able to just fly right back here for the ceremony . . . but he's serving this country too right now, and that's just the way it is!
So preparing for this is what's been keeping me (and Mom and the rest of the family) on my toes lately--and I should come back with more pictures next week!



2 comments:
Congrats!!!! Love the logo for the retirement and I agree, so much better if J could be there too. I know this will be so much fun and so special for all of you. Thank you Speed for serving us well.
Love the print! Tell your Dad congrats.
Post a Comment