Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Books!!!!

The past two days have been amazing.
The MOSC and MESC each donated $200 to purchase books for Sabishiro Nursery . . . a nursery near the water that was destroyed in the tsunami . . . they had no books left, and we started to replace them!
Erin and I picking out books . . . we had a translator with us to help us figure out what was age appropriate. The nursery class had 25 kids from "0" to 5 . . .

The second book store . . .

Freaking out because we'd found Rainbow Fish, Where the Wild Things Are, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar!!!!

This morning . . . I read a page from Where the Wild Things Are, and the nursery teacher read a page from the Japanese version!!! SO FUN!!!









We gave each child a hand wrapped book . . . and then gave the school many more. The each got in a perfect line and waited thier turn. Amazing.







We brought cupcakes and Capri Suns . . . the sensi is teaching them how to open the drink. We were told not to help unless they couldn't do it themselves!!

Kanta sat at my table . . . he got every last bit of that cupcake!





Everyone . . . before we left. In English, they all said, Please come back.


I'll try to get last weeks clean up posted tomorrow :) :)

2 comments:

Paul said...

Great Work Laura! Keep it up..

AnnaYoung said...

I love that picture of Kristin leaning over with the kid! HAhahaha! So great that you guys could do that! I"m glad you enjoyed yourself :)