I feel like I'm Waldo--you know--Where's Waldo? Hence the "Locate Laura" because I can't TELL you how many phone calls and messages I've gotten saying "Ohmygosh are you in Japan?" and well, the truth is, no I'm not, but a week from today I'll be enjoying my last day in good old 'Merica. We fly our EARLY next Wednesday--my parents are heros for the amount of airport transporting they have done for me this year. This "last" one will require being at Dulles by 5am. Which means I wake up about 3am. Which is 4pm Japan time on Wednesday--and we arrive at our new home at 6:20pm Japan time on Thursday. Can you say 26+ hours of traveling?
Anywho, we've had some adventures since my last post. We spent a weekend in Vegas with another couple. Stayed at the Excalibur. Ate good food--literally around the clock. And I won a teddy bear :)
Anywho, we've had some adventures since my last post. We spent a weekend in Vegas with another couple. Stayed at the Excalibur. Ate good food--literally around the clock. And I won a teddy bear :)
Hmmmm, what else? We're now in South Carolina. This was a result of me flying home one day and 2 days later J flying to SC and me driving to SC from DC. We've had a great time--Charleston yesterday--and staying with one of J's good friends from college days.
Deck of the carrier we visited at Patriot's Point, SC
Lazy pilots . . . I tell ya . . .
The flags my bro has to memorize as a Frosh in NAVY ROTC
WOAH it's an airplane . . . J, J, I know that one! It's an F-16 :) (I'm pretty smart--and we'd already set the timer on the camera)



2 comments:
ATT just called. They hooked up our internet. Can you Skype tonight?
the pictures are great!! we're definitely praying for you guys as you transition to the other side of the world!!
Post a Comment