My parents are DONE with kids in high school.
John is also DONE with high school.
He's off to Carnegie Mellon University in the fall with a full Navy R.O.T.C. Scholarship! YAHOO!!!
This weekend was full of graduation events and lots of fun. Friday his senior class did a lunch cruise on the Potomac (icky weather, but oh well) and Saturday was graduation followed by a fabulous reception and opening gifts at home!!!! :)

MJ and I just before leaving port.

AF memorial in the fog

Washington Monument and me

oh-my-gosh. Base housing at Bolling AFB. Are you kidding me? ON THE RIVER! And this isn't for the 0-7 folks . . .

John's class, minus a few, on the top deck of the boat.

the note I wrote my brother while I was waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

warning: he does not smile when we want him to

the actual giving of the diploma

the whole family--thank goodness for my gorilla tri-pod and the hood of Melissa's car!

Ahhhh, we finally found him the crowd

proud sisters

the best EVER Senior board . . . I think everyone EXCEPT for John worked on this. Ha!

opening J and I's present . . . part of which was a NAVY water bottle :)
AND on another note--we have orders, it's official, Japan here we come . . . and my
countdown clock says 41 days, 6 hours, 9 minutes, and 54 seconds . . . July 19!!!!!!
1 comment:
#1 I LOVE our gorilla pod
#2 John is not old enough to graduate from high school
#3 You look beautiful
#4 I am so proud of John getting into Navy ROTC. I know he will do wonderful.
Post a Comment