Monday, May 3, 2010

Cherry Blossoms!

WOW! So, surprise! Japan has beautiful pink cherry blossoms EVERYWHERE! We really didn't see ANY until our drive to Hirosaki on Satuday . . . and then Sunday morning here in Misawa, they were all over! I had NO idea that the trees that lined my favorite drive (to the post office) were ALL cherry blossom trees . . . it's just BEAUTIFUL here!!!! But they say the blossoms only last a week . . . and it's super windy today so I hope they don't leave us sooner!

Could you see us ruling Japan? :)

Here's the castle--we were trying to replicate a picture we took in February when there were NO blossoms . . .
A little Japanese fashion

A little Japanese festival food

Where we spent about 4 hours of our afternoon








So don't you want to visit next April?

2 comments:

Brett and Jill said...

Visit in the spring or fall? Fall or Spring?? I can' decide! I hope I can make it work to do both . . .

Clay and J said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous!