Friday, April 9, 2010

This-n-that

Happy April!!!
So we're staying busy and today it is spring time . . . tomorrow could bring snow . . . you never know!! :)
Wednesday I went to the beach with a couple girlfriends--not to get sun, or relax--but to bundle up and hunt for sea glass! Much fun . . . did not find a glass float like last time :(
Big news . . . my darling and I are off to Hawaii!!! RANDOM I know. We're going NEXT WEEK. It was a surprise to both of us, but it's super exciting! We're looking forward to going to a bit more of a tropical island . . . Honshu just can't be described like that!! :)
So here are a few random pictures of life lately . . .


A sweet sweet group of Japanese ladies . . . some of us Americans helped them to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!!! What fun!!! We had corned beef and cabbage . . . lots of potatoes . . . read a couple Tomi dePaola books about Ireland . . all wore green . . . ate zucchini chocolate chip cookies . . . it was a blast :)

J and I dog-sat Patron while his mom and dad went back to the states :) He LOVED sitting in the sunshine . . . on the same ottoman the beagles sat on when I sat for them for 6 months in Texas :)


Earlier this week a friend and I hosted a get together for the wives whose hubby's work together . . . K had it at HER house--BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING--and I helped by making chocolate goodies :) It was a fun night full of . . . sugar.
Another girlfriend here MADE this cake . . . we had a brown and pink theme. She did a fabulous job and it TASTED . . . well, it just was amazing :)
We DID have a great Easter . . . but forgot to take pictures of the new table while it looked all pretty with china and silver. Ooopps!! Another day maybe . . .
I recently cleaned out and organized our "fourth" room. It's our 2nd guest room/craft room/workout room . . . and I cleaned it SO well I could see the floor and got a rug for it! :) Next on my list is to make pillow covers for our living room couch . . . I only bought the fabric LAST JULY!! :)
Splurged and bought myself (ourselves?) a Skype phone . . . well it's just so much fun to chat on the phone and not worry about the computer(s) being on or off or the volume up or down . . . it's fabulous :)
So I should stop rambling . . . maybe I'll go make those pillow cases . . .

1 comment:

subLyme said...

Okay, that cake looks amazing....I may need the recipe. Have a great time in Hawaii!!