WINTER is FINALLY here in MISAWA! I am THRILLED!!!!! Tuesday night we went to sleep (after a coffee with the ladies) and J and I planned to sleep in a little--he was working nights this week. SO about 8:45 I wake up and see the snow. Lots of it. I run to the door . . . realize J needs to shovel to GET OUT!!! Told him that he NEEDED to wake up--we had 30-45 minutes of shoveling in front of us. He didn't believe me :) It was a wild day. I was totally unprepared. I had emergency food--but not GOOD food, you know? So I stayed home--less risk on the road! I didn't HAVE to be anywhere till Thursday . . . so I stayed put. Here are pictures and videos from Wednesday . . .

Our front road area on Thursday--pre-plow

Snow at the 100Yen store parking lot Wednesday

Our backyard

Snow angel . . . outside of our guest room window . . . I got stuck.

Front of the house . . . ALL of the snow that fell off of the roof.
SO . . . such went the week. Then this morning, Saturday, we got up to a few more inches . . . but who cares? We were leaving to go snow shoeing. SO FUN! We went with new friends . . . we went with 2 dogs. We drove . . . we hiked . . . the boys were going to ski, but it was too flat . . . it snowed . . . but we were in the mountains. Expected.

After the hike


Then we got back to Misawa . . .
I don't know WHERE it came from--but there was snow EVERYWHERE!!!! AND it continued ALL day . . . and this is how deep it is NOW!

Camera is sitting on our living room window sill . . .

Out the front door . . . Don't you want to come visit and ski with us?
2 comments:
Answered prayers! Lesson learned: be careful what you pray for :-) But, it is beautiful!! Enjoy! Maybe you should get some cross-country skis! 143
Yes we do want to come ski! Dang that is a lot of snow....love it!
Post a Comment