Saturday, November 1, 2008

I would like a . . .

. . . Kindergartner.
WHAT?
Let me explain.
We all grew up with "D.A.R.E to say NO to Drugs" in school, right? Somewhere a long the way it became Red Ribbon Week (as far as I can tell). It's great for us because with Dad's job, he comes home with lots of little freebies like flashlights and pens and nail files . . . all about Red Ribbon Week. The schools tend to spend the week with different themed days. Maybe you have to wear a neck tie for "don't let drugs tie you up." Or maybe you wear your hair in a mess cause "Drugs will mess you up." Maybe you just wear red in honor or Red Ribbon Week--or wear a hat to "put a cap on drugs." Whatever the school decides, it's usually cute . . .
Yesterday (at the particular school where I was working) was "Team up against drugs." Kids and teachers alike were encouraged to wear team jerseys. Do you see where this is going?
The world's cutest little kindergartner came out to recess while I was on duty . . . in cute little red pants (they said "gymnastics" on them and had white stripes on the sides) and her little blonde head of hair had a cute red headband with red roses on it . . . and she was wearing this jersey (in navy blue of course--what 5 year old would wear red pants with a red shirt?)

So, that's what I would like. J says I can't just "get" a kindergartner. . . I have to wait at least 6 years and 3 months.

No comments: